How many times did you find yourself in the situation that you want something light and creamy, look into the fridge and find yourself closing the fridge with a frown on your face. I’ve been there many times and my mom, who looks after her figure and not eating past 19:00 loves this fast whipped up dessert inspired by the classic italian tiramisu.
Since I practiced this quite a few times before, I don’t have a measurements and as I am in the process I sort of see how much I’ve made and whether that would be enough. This means, the measurements are all approx. for 4 people.
- 200g fresh raspberries (you can also any other berries or fruits)
- 250g frozen mixed berries or raspberries (you can also use fresh ones – $$$)
- 250g yoghurt//greek yoghurt/quark (mascarpone if you dare the fat percentage)
- 100ml half cream (works perfec but full cream makes it even more creamier)
- 2 tbsp. of sugar
- Lady fingers or canctuccini (if you want more of a crunch)
- 1 cup of coffee
- Some decoration: chocolate swirls, almond, mint and fresh berries
In a saucepan warm up the frozen berries until fluid. Depending on the berries and your taste, you might want to add some sugar for added sweetness.
- Use a spoon to cover the lady fingers or cantuccinis in coffee. Do not dunk the lady fingers into the coffee mixture because they will get soaked and way too soft to touch and taste.
- Whip up the cream with 2 table spoons of sugar with a mixer or by hand (if you have time).
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the yoghurt for about 2 minutes until you reach a light consistency. Especially when working with the mascarpone, quark or greek yoghurt you will see that it’s quite firm from the texture and we don’t want that.
- With a spatula you can fold the whipped cream under the yoghurt until well combined.
- Now you can layer the dessert as you wish. My sequence is: lady fingers, molten berries, a few fresh raspberries, cream mixture, lady fingers, molten berries, fresh raspberries and cream-mixture.
- Cool in the fridge. For the best results you should cool it for at least 6 hours or even better, overnight.
- Sprinkle with some chocolate, mint and fresh raspberries to add that eloquent touch of perfection.
There you go, little time to prepare and you’ll be wishing you made enough for seconds.